Summer is finally in full swing and while the weather in the UK might not always be the best we almost always have a good summer. We might go abroad, we might stay in the UK or we might attend food festivals, sporting events, music festivals or enjoy the outdoors. Whatever happens the chances are you will be looking forward to your summer. Whatever your plans for the summer are my advice to you as a leading chiropractor in Witney is to keep your back safe during this period.
Your time off work may be spent on a fitness camp, zip wiring down a gorge or white water rafting. It may include painting your garden fence and trimming the hedges, it may include lounging on a lilo. These are all activities that if you’re not careful can lead to back pain.
As part of my duties as a chiropractor in Witney I often advise my clients how to keep their back safe on their summer holidays. If you are getting ready for your holiday then we have put together some tips to help you avoid unnecessary injuries while handling your luggage:
- Buy the lightest case you can and ensure it has wheels. Always check the weight of the empty case – looks can be deceiving.
- Pack two lighter cases rather than on heavy one. Distributing the weight across 2 cases will make them easier and safer to carry.
- Push your case in front of you if it has wheels. Most people pull their cases behind them which in turn cause them to twist their bodies and backs. This in turn can lead to undue strain on your back.
- Start your journey rested. Many accidents and injuries result from tiredness. Get a good night’s sleep before travelling and keep mindful of your actions.
- Don’t overdo it. Whether you are resting on a sun lounger or racing down a cycle track you must listen to your body and don’t push it to extremes.
If you have any concerns over a back injury please get in touch with us as we offer a lot of help and advice to get you back up and running as soon as possible. You can contact us at the Witney Chiropractic Clinic on 01993 776619 or email us at info@WitneyChiropracticClinic.co.uk.
Feel Like A New Person ...
From the team at Witney Chiropractic Clinic
Serving the community of Witney including
Eynsham, Carteton, Ducklington, Curbridge and Hailey