Too many of us (1 in 4) will suffer or have suffered from back pain. As leading chiropractors in Witney we think it’s about time we put a stop to this.
Follow these 10 simple tips to treat your back well;
- Don’t just sit there – It is important you exercise your back often so go for walks a lot, take up a bit of swimming and get moving.
- Stop lifting things badly – Don’t damage your back by practising poor lifting technique. Remember to bend your knees, lift with your legs and do not twist your body when lifting.
- Rucksacks are good. Sling bags are bad – Rucksacks provide an even distribution of weight whereas sling bags certainly do not.
- 2 carrier bags are better than 1 – Don’t try and force all your heavy shopping into one carrier bag and place all the pressure on one side of your back. Spread the load.
- Keep up a good posture – As I’m sure you’re aware, bad posture can cause back pain.
- Avoid sitting for too long – Take a short break every 30 minutes or so. So whether you’re in work or at home, get up and make a tea.
- Lose weight – Of course only if you’re overweight. By carrying around extra weight you’re putting your back under more stress than it needs to have and should have.
- Chill out – Avoid stress as much as you can, it can be a major factor in getting back pain. So remember to take a breather and stay calm.
If you suffer from pain or want any further advice please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Feel Like A New Person ...
From the team at Witney Chiropractic Clinic
Serving the community of Witney including
Eynsham, Carteton, Ducklington, Curbridge and Hailey